Sunday, January 31, 2010

Link Love: A Link Collage

So, I've been finding links and wanted to put them in a "collage" of sorts: a collage of links. This time I have only three, but be prepared for a weekly laundry list of links I love and commentaries. Here ya go..

http://current.com/items/92016174_i-forgot-he-was-black-chris-matthews-under-fire-for-comment-about-obama.htm

This seems to have been causing some uproar lately. And while I agree what Chris Matthews about Obama said may've sounded negative, in that he kind of implied being black was bad if you take a closer look at the article he means more that Obama has done so much for race relations that he forgot Obama had a color. Isn't that what we're all trying to acheive? I, for one, don't think the color of one's skin is all that important. To hell with forms requiring your race/ethnicity! What I mean is... if someone were to ask me my race I would reply with "It. Truly. Doesn't. Matter."

http://www.refinery29.com/my_style/musician_style_icons_muses.php


This is just a fun little fashion thing. I really like, well, everything in here; its hard to pick a favorite. Check it out. (Oh, and musically, I highly recommend Beach House, I think Janelle Monae and Lykke Li are really good, and  Róisín Murphy is really no good.)

http://current.com/items/92012370_japanese-scientists-create-elastic-water.htm


This elastic water thing is quite neat... I can't wait to see where it goes. I mean, it could have a great environmental impact in a few years.

Rocío

No comments:

Post a Comment