Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Mixtape: April 16, 2010




Friday Mixtape! You're in for a real treat! Here we go!!! The first track is "Chrome Sitar" by Marc Bolan "and" T. Rex...?... isn't Marc Bolan like the main dude in T. Rex?? Why did he have to go all Nicole Scherzinger...or maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation...and yes, I know he's dead, I'm sorry, RIP...sorry for desecrating your name with a Pussycat Dolls comparison. Anyway, suchhhh a great song. We all know T. Rex is da shiz.

Ok, numba two is "Human Nature,"by Madonna is an old favorite I've been listening to for the past couple weeks. Love. One of my fave Madonna jams of all time.
"Gotta Get Mine," by MC Breed featuring 2Pac is the third track and also the third song that was a former flame that I just got reacquainted with this week. Really, really good song. Just very solid.

Track 4, here's a real fucking gem: "A Date with Jack," (with a really random interview at the end) by Castration Squad, of which our BFF Phranc was a member:

Track 5 is"It's Only Rock'n'Roll," covered by Tina Turner and Mick Jagger (Epic Collabroation! Only in leauge with those two with David Bowie -seperately- and Queen/Bowie)...Wait would it still be a cover...because it's originally by the Stones? ...Eh. We'll leave these things to the brain surgeons and rocket scientists.

Track 6: Pixies' "Dig for Fire". Yeah.

Shangri-Las' "Leader of the Pack". Ah, so good. I love dem '60s girl groups. I was reading this book on feminism and women's history, etc, and it had this whole huge section on female musicans and tons of praise for the Shangri-Las, especially ("They wore leather pants and sang about sneaking out and dating boys who rode motorcycles"), and other '60s female artists and it reminded me of my love for them.

Track 8: Lenny Kravitz: "It Ain't Over Till It's Over". If you're like me, you've heard this song a million times but it still warms your heart and you don't have the willpower to turn it off.

Track 9 is "When Worlds Collide," by Powerman 5000. I'm sorry. Truly sorry. I don't know why I did it (isn't one of the dudes like Rob Zombie's brother?).

And your fun final track is..."Celebrity Skin," by Hole! Yay. Epic Fun! I know most of the songs this week were ones that everyone already knows but meh. That's just how it turned out. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment