Friday, March 12, 2010

Killing Us Softly 4!!

OMG! Killing Us Softly 4 is coming out this spring! Ah!! Here's the trailer:


I remember when I first met Jean, I was first becomming interested in feminism and checking out library books on the subject and I came across her book,
Can't Buy My Love: How Advertising Changes the Way We Think and Feel, I didn't even know it was a feminist book, I just saw it and I thought, "damn! I'd like to learn all those freaky voodoo tricks they do to brainwash us!". Anyway, I read it and it blew my mind! Maybe I should post a summary for all those who haven't read it, but eh, basically you know, weird Jedi mind tricks, they define beauty: be perfect, skinny, etc and they define normality. But there's a lot of crazy shit too, like using pictures of dead or injured women and women who can't or won't speak and it gets a subliminal as just like just that Gap ad with the woman pulling the turtleneck over her mouth! So crazy! You should definitely read it! Jean Kilbourne was like one of the first people to like see that advertising was actually a harmful phenomenon that actually had an effect of people. She's so fucking cool.
I can't wait to watch the free full-length preview! EEEE!!! So excited!
I'm a feminism geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment