Saturday, March 6, 2010

Project Runway Top Three (season 7 episode 7)

For this challenge the contestants had to create an unconventional look from items they bought at a hardware store. 
This first look is Mila's (can't you tell by the color blocking?) Now, I like it, and I understand that color blocking is her thing and everything and I know that the challenge was very difficult but come on Mila! You've been in the top three pretty much the whole competition! Just TRY to do something other than color blocking with a "mod" inspiration. PLEASE! You are a really good designer! You can do it! Moving on...
This is Jay's look, and I don't know about you but I find him very unpredictable in this competition, which could be a good or bad thing. Anyway, this is his look, which he made out of GARBAGE BAGS AND DUCT TAPE. I don't like the outfit that much but I, just like the judges, was floored that he could pull off a sophisticated, coherent look out of those materials. He won the challenge.
This is Maya's look, which I am totally impressed by. Heidi was right you could totally see that in a fashion magazine. Frankly, I think Maya should have won. Her look is stunning and I'm pretty sure every woman in the world wants that necklace. The only reason I can think of for why she didn't win is maybe because the jacket is too reminiscent of those Yves Saint Laurent cage boots (below).
Anyway, good show. If you want more info on Project Runway season 7 go here.

Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment